1. PBN Member, by email, sends the applicant a link to the "Become a Member" page of the Portland Business Network website where the prospective applicant will find a Membership Application to download and complete. This initial email to the applicant will be cc'd to the Visitor Host and Secretary to follow up on the application.
2. The website instructs the applicant to email the completed application to Portlandbusinessnetwork2020@gmail.com indicating "PBN Application" in the subject line.
The email to PBN with the application will be automatically forwarded to the Visitor Host and Secretary's business email addresses.
3. Secretary follows up with the visitor if the application does not arrive before the next meeting.
4. Upon receipt of the completed application, in an email to the applicant the Visitor Host communicates the Next Steps to the applicant:
to join, and where to submit the membership dues.
membership dues are received.
5. Once the application is in-hand the Secretary reviews for completeness (references with all contract info) and forwards it to the Membership Committee.
6. Membership Committee assigns an MC member to call the references; assigns another member to perform a back-ground-check; and assigns another member to schedule a Zoom interview with the applicant (each member gets it done within 48 hours or as soon as reasonably possible).
7. Membership Committee receives feedback from the MC members performing first three functions and then votes on the applicant. It is very important that this all gets done no later than one week from the time of receiving the application.
8. Membership Committee notifies the President, Vice President, Secretary, Growth Coordinator of their decision.
9. Membership Committee notifies the applicant of their decision, and sends New Member:
This communication should also request that the New Member provide a .jpeg headshot
and logo for the website.
10 . Once membership dues have been received by the Secretary/Treasurer, the Secretary/Treasurer notifies the President letting him/her know what seat the member will be filling so member can be inducted at next meeting. The Secretary/Treasurer also notifies the Growth Coordinator, the Mentor Coordinator, and the sponsoring member that induction is imminent.
11. Secretary/Treasurer adds the new member to the Member Roster Sheet.
12. Growth Coordinator works with the New Member to find out what other professions would help build their business.
13. Mentor Coordinator sets up a first meeting with the New Member to help get them off to a fast start.
14. Website Coordinator adds New Member's headshot and logo to the website and sends New Member and invitation to create a password for the Members Only Page.